Every fitness franchise has a fitness instructor to guide the members. Research shows that nearly 5 million people in America seek guidance from fitness instructors for effective workout sessions. Choosing a professional instructor is essential to successfully run the franchise. It also helps in distinguishing an established franchise from a newbie. The main task of a fitness instructor is to develop personalized fitness programs for members, which would eventually increase the popularity of fitness franchises. Most of them are extremely fit with a pleasant personality, which in turn inspires the members to stay fit and healthy.
Role of a Fitness Instructor
Fitness instructors have several responsibilities, which vary from looking after the health and fitness of the members to even business development of the fitness franchise. Along with that, instructors have to maintain their own physical fitness.
• Maintain a positive image of the franchise in the mind of the members
• Provide quality service as stipulated in the promotional activities to match the expectations of the customers
• Ensure the safety of the customers while using the different equipments in gym franchises
• Provide unique fitness training program to the members based on individual physical attributes
• Motivate the members in achieving their fitness goal
• Retain a healthy atmosphere inside the fitness franchise
• Maintain a fruitful customer relationship
• Try to win customer loyalty
Most fitness programs consist of cardio-vascular equipments and weight training. It is the responsibility of the instructor to demonstrate the right way of using such equipments. After evaluating the member’s age, gender and health they should draw a regular fitness plan. They should also monitor the fitness level of individual members at different phases of the fitness program. This will motivate the members to put more effort into their workout. Along with that, they should also guide them in maintaining a healthy diet.
Fitness instructors have certain responsibilities towards their employers as well. They also have an important role to play in popularizing a franchise. They can help to achieve the sales target and thus should be aware of the marketing strategy of the fitness franchise. In order to perform these activities efficiently it is important for the fitness instructor to possess certain qualities. Fitness instructors need to have the following skills:
• Professional qualifications along with the knowledge of fitness assessment techniques
• Knowledge about the features of different gym equipments along with the way of operating them
• Demonstrate effective ways of exercising and utilizing the equipments
• Analytical skills to determine which exercise will suit the member
• Ability to effectively promote, market and sell services
• Knowledge about administering first aid in emergency situations
• Good communication skills to maintain a cordial friendly customer relationship https://www.survivorfitness.com/
They should have high energy levels to inspire others in their fitness programs. Different types of hi-tech instruments and fitness resources are available nowadays. The fitness instructors should have up-to-date knowledge about them to design innovative and more effective fitness programs for the franchise members.
They should maintain balance between the demands of the franchise owners to earn more money and the members’ demands to get the best service by spending less. For these they should know the tactics to deal with the issues faced by both the customers and franchise owners.